Courses in History of Art and Architecture, Theater, Dance and Media, and some courses in the domain of cultural studies may be counted for concentration credit for concentrators, subject to the approval of the Director of Undergraduate Studies. Ordinarily, not more than two courses taken outside Visual and Environmental Studies may be so counted.
Students interested in taking additional courses for concentration credit outside the department should consult the Director of Undergraduate Studies or the Manager of Academic Programs prior to enrolling if the course, if possible.
All concentrators are required to submit a Course Requirement Substitution Form petitioning for credit for a non-departmental course, along with an active link to the syllabus for the course.
The following courses have been approved for VES concentrators, not secondary field students, to take for departmental elective credit.
- ENGLISH CLR: Dramatic Screenwriting I: Workshop
- ENGLISH CSSR: The Short Screenplay: Workshop
- AESTHINT 63: East Asian Cinema
- COMPSCI 171: Visualization
- ITAL 114: Italian Cinema Bucket List
- HUMAN 11A: The Art of Looking
- AESTHINT 43: Visual Culture of the Ottoman Empire Between East and West (15th-17th Centuries)